Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Project Minimum Wage: Days 19 and 20

Monday and Tuesday.

If it's one thing I've been learning (outside of cutting cost by not going out for lunch all the time), it's that cooking is pretty damn simple. I'm pretty sure I could get a job at any major restaurant in Wichita based off of the wealth of knowledge I've gained these past twenty days. Ok, maybe I shouldn't go that far.

I've been learning lots of new recipes, how easy some things are to make, names for cooking tools, all sorts of cool stuff they never taught me in home economics class.

After Days 19 and 20, I didn't spend a single dollar so that leaves me with $74 to take me through ten days. I SEE THE LIGHT!

If this wasn't a blog about Wichita, I would turn this into a recipe sharing blog. Cooking is actually pretty cool. And to think I've spent the past few decades relying on someone else to do it for me......... ok one day if I get married, I still may.

Ten days and counting!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Hey, there's nothing that says you can't share recipes! Wichitans will read it, so it's about Wichita eh? I'd be curious to hear what kind of things you've been making while trying to save money!

Anonymous said...

WTG! I've been loving these posts! Next thing you know you'll be living on the Wichita version of Walden Pond..wherever that might be ;) And yes, share the recipes!
Shelly